“Managing our fire door stock is not a priority.”
• Would you stand in a court room and say this to a judge after a fire has taken place in a building you are responsible for?
• Managing fire doors are part of keeping people and the building safe during a fire.
• You can be fined if regular checks are not in place:
• Regular checks and maintenance are a high priority on the ‘Responsible Person’ or ‘Duty Holders’ list to ensure the fire doors work efficiently against fire and smoke.
• If you are unsure if you are the ‘Responsible Person’/’Duty Holder’ or unsure what your tasks are as the responsible person, please follow this link to the gov website:
Enter your contact details below and the answer will be emailed to you:
Do you know the main reasons for Fire Door Failures?
(Data from 1,086,455 inspection questions asked using the CCS Inspection App)