“We get a Fire Risk Assessment check done once a year.”
• That’s great but you are still required to inspect fire doors every 6 months for any damage that may occur, especially 3 monthly in high traffic areas.
• If a fire risk assessment is not in place, the penalty is prosecution and can result in severe fines. In extreme negligence cases the penalty can be a prison sentence.
• Fire risk assessments will determine fire escape routes, location of fire doors within the building and the requirement for the door ie FD30 or FD60 and if smoke seals are required.
• A fire risk assessment is not a fire door inspection.
• Fire risk assessments identifies people, fire hazards and allows evaluation of the risks.
Enter your contact details below and the answer will be emailed to you:
Do you know the main reasons for Fire Door Failures?
(Data from 1,086,455 inspection questions asked using the CCS Inspection App)